EWH at UCI is an interdisciplinary campus organization with health care projects that unite engineering, science, economics, public health, communications, and other fields. Through our projects and activities, we give student members experience in basic engineering skills (like soldering), product design and development, market research, and other skills to prepare them for their future careers. Our mission is to mobilize the UCI community to improve the quality of health care in vulnerable communities. If you would like to participate in EWH at UCI, please refer to our committees and get involved!
Engineering World Health at UCI will be recognized internationally as a leader in:
- Developing and introducing novel health care technologies appropriate for resource-poor settings
- Responding to the challenges of developing self-sustainability in maintaining and repairing medical technology in developing countries
- Mobilizing the UCI community to improve the quality of health care in resource-poor settings
- Providing students and volunteers with the life-changing experience of contributing to improving lives in vulnerable communities
We place high value on:
- Finding workable solutions through innovation and creativity
- Serving while learning from the most vulnerable communities
- Promoting self reliance
- Balancing challenge and safety for students and volunteers
For more information about Engineering World Health, please visit the national site at EWH.org.