We are now accepting applications for leadership positions in Engineering World Health for the 2011/2012 academic year. Please read the roles (below) of each position carefully and you will be asked to summarize your qualifications for that role. Project and Chair leaders will be chosen by current officers. Officer positions will be determined through a vote by active EWH members in the 2010/2011 academic year. Please note, you must have been an officer for at least a year to apply to become the EWH President. We are also accepting nominations for positions. To formally apply please go to the link below:
We are accepting applications until June 5th. NOTE: Election voting and discussion is still ongoing. We will notify you of results soon.. New terms begin in the late summer 2011.
- President – The president will set the agenda for, and run, both the officer meetings and general member meetings. Responsible for communication with the national EWH organization. Will stay informed about all EWH chapter activities. The president will delegate any responsibilities that are not already assigned to other leaders in the chapter. This officer is the first point of contact with the faculty advisor. The president will be responsible for communications with other national and local EWH chapters. In the event of a dispute the president will be responsible for making final decisions. However, the president does not have veto power in matters which involve an officer vote. When invited, the president will also attend monthly faculty meetings. ** To run for president, the candidate must have been an EWH officer for at least one year in the past.
- Vice President – This officer will interface with and maintain our CORE account at UCI. They will work closely with secretary to organize the logistics of meetings including room reservations. This officer will assist the president in whatever duties are necessary and makes sure the logistics of the chapter are running smoothly. The VP will also recruit speakers for EWH events.
- VP Finance (Treasurer) – Responsible for fundraising, club accounting and major purchase decisions with the approval of the officers. Will allocate funds to various chapter activities. Serves as the point of contact for committee leaders to receive chapter funding. Responsible for leading officers in budget decisions and keeping chapter leaders informed about the funding status.
- VP Communications (Communications Officer) – Responsible for EWH event promotion throughout UCI. Responsible for maintaining mailing list. Responsible for promoting chapter events/activities to internal/external media. Interfaces with IT office within CORE at UCI. Responsible for maintaining website.
- VP Administration (Secretary) – Works with Vice President to reserving venues for EWH events. Takes meeting minutes during general and officer meetings. Sends out meeting notes to officers when necessary. Tracks attendance at meetings. Sends out e-mails to chapter members.
- Kit Building Chair – in charge of organizing kit building sessions throughout the year.
- EMBS/EWH Design Competition Chair – in charge of organizing conference with collaborating organizations on campus (EMBS)
- Service Chair – in charge of social events, K-12 outreach and service events.
- Curriculum Development Chair – in charge of setting up a BME course focusing on engineering technologies for low resource settings (humanitarian engineering)
- Oxygen sensor project – in charge of leading oxygen sensor project.
- CPAP project – in charge of leading CPAP project.
- Incubator temp control project – in charge of leading incubator temp control project.
- Universal glucometer strips project – in charge of leading universal glucometer strip project.
- Water quality project – in charge of leading water quality project.
- Equipment donation – in charge of setting up equipment donation program in collaboration with DRI and local hospitals and BMETs.